Sunday, February 12, 2012

Good historical novels/books?

Historical fiction, biographies, autobiographies, or anything similar. I like European history, though mostly prior to 1800 (I love WWI and the napoleonic wars, though). But primarily prior to 1800, with a soft spot for anything medieval. :) I want it to be interesting to read while as the same time resourceful; I want to learn. I've read all of Massey's novels and I LOVE those, as well as Pillars of the Earth. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. :)Good historical novels/books?
Anything by Philippa Gregory is well worth reading.
You might also enjoy 'With A Silent Companion' by Florida Town.Good historical novels/books?
The Good Earth by Pearl S Buck



also along those lines, The Painted Veil by W Somerset MaughamGood historical novels/books?
'Illusion' , 'Ahast' %26amp; 'BlackHole' on http://www.EnglishNovels.net

No comments:

Post a Comment