Sunday, February 12, 2012

Any 9th - 19th century book suggestions, please?

So, I just watched Kate and Leopold and I now have this urge for some good old period books.



I've read The Pillars of the Earth books, the Bloody Jack series, the Hood series, all of Jane Austen's books, Dumas', Ivanhoe, Dickens, Diana Gabaldon's, um... and a few others I can't think of.



Out of the list I liked Pillars of the Earth for it's characters. The Bloody Jack series for it's unabashed sense of adventure, The Count of Monte Cristo for it's intrigue, and Ivanhoe for it's amazing portrayal of chivalry.



Any ideas?Any 9th - 19th century book suggestions, please?
The Monk by Matthew Gregory LewisAny 9th - 19th century book suggestions, please?
Have you tried the Canterbury Tales (Geoffrey Chaucer)? You wanted stuff as old as the 9th Century, that's not as far back but it's still pretty old. Chaucer has been called the father of English literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment