Sunday, February 12, 2012

Will I enjoy Bram Stoker's "Dracula"?

I enjoy reading quite a bit, but I don't add a book to my favorites simply because it is a classic that I, as well as everybody and their dog, had to read in high school (a la "The Great Gatsby", "1984" etc.). I am currently reading Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" and "Hornet Flight" as well as B.E. Ellis' "American Psycho". and Bryce Courtenay's "The Power of One". I own the book and wanted to read a literary classic, but I want it to be enjoyable as well as thought provoking. I really like the characters to be down to earth and believable (i.e. unlike "The Scarlet Letter"). How was "Dracula", and might you have any additional suggestions?Will I enjoy Bram Stoker's "Dracula"?
In addition to being a "classic" (though many a literature teacher would still dispute that), Dracula is a wonderful read, full of adventure, horror, well-drawn characters, etc.



Try NOT to think of any movie Dracula while you read it: Stoker's Dracula is unlike any of those we've seen on screen.



I hope you enjoy it. I first read it in seventh grade and have read it several times since; it's still quite thrilling.Will I enjoy Bram Stoker's "Dracula"?
I adore Bram Stoker's Dracula.

It is still fresh, after all the years of mundane vampire movies and novels.

Until I bought the book, I didn't know it was in diary form.

When I did notice, I was a tad wary, but it was amazing.

Well worth the read, I say.Will I enjoy Bram Stoker's "Dracula"?
Nathan, the source material for all the good and/or cheesy Dracula movies is worth the read, but it's pretty challenging, as reading goes.



You want to read it relatively slowly, taking the time to absorb. In style it's both dense and written with a leisurely pace, unlike more modern fiction.
  • black ops zombie maps
  • dmv nc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment