Saturday, February 18, 2012

I need a book suggestion! SERIOUS readers need only reply?

Okay I've always been a huge reader but Twilight has spoiled me...I can't think of anything else that could possibly top it now. I'm not even interested in The Host. I'm pregnant and can't sleep at night and need a distraction. I"ve already re-read all 4 Twilight books.

Keep in mind I've already read every book on the Australian Top 100, and most of the books off the American and English lists as well. (Note-most 'classics').

My favourite authors were Ken Follet, Jodi Piccoult, Richard Layman, Bryce Courtney...My favourite books are Pillars Of The Earth, The Kite Runner, Life Of Pi, Twilight, Twilight Eyes (Dean Koontz), Memoirs Of A Geisha, The Time Travellers Wife ...I love big, bold stories of drama, romance, please no horror as I'm pregnant and can't stomache it and no sci-fi or fantasy as it bores me to tears.

Any suggestions? Especially from thiose who enjoyed most of my mentioned favourites?I need a book suggestion! SERIOUS readers need only reply?
The Princess Bride - William Goldman (comedy, adventure, romance, fantasy)

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho (amazing, absolutely life-changing)

Evernight - Claudia Gray (similar to Twilight)

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult (deals with family, morals and ideals)

My Place - Sally Morgan (fantastic memoir of an individual's life)
Um, Twilight IS fantasy. *shrug*



The most common suggestion for "life after twilight" type reading is Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead is my favorite author, btw) BUT if you're pregnant %26amp; your hormones get going, you might like her other series too, the "Georgina Kincaid" series (starts with Succubus Blues)



Personally I loved both series' (so far!!! can't wait for more)



Also the House of Night series isn't bad (PC %26amp; Kristin Cast)I need a book suggestion! SERIOUS readers need only reply?
i'm a total twilight fan but i guarantee you, Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead is better.

The House of Night series is also very good.

So is Blood and Chocolate!

Anita Blake series too.

i felt like you do too, but then i moved on to these books and never looked back!!!

okay that sounded corny but its true!
I just read a book called Blindspot by Jane Kamensky and Jill Lepore. It was quite, quite good, I think you might like it!

But I find that when I'm obsessed with something I just keep doing it until it goes away. I did that with HP, read it over and then over again.I need a book suggestion! SERIOUS readers need only reply?
I just finished Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler ad it is the best book I've ever read. It has ALOT of romance (but nothing rated r) and mystery. It does have angels, (the title is literal) but it's not fantasy. It's a really amazing read! :)
Hey Sam!



If you like romance - read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I adore her prose and her writing is so pure, perfect and sparkling.

Do you like crime novels? If you like Agatha Christie there are other authors like Martha Graham.
Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George is an excellent book telling her life and her affairs with Caesar and Mark Anthony.
My favorite book ever is PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. It's a very girly [with romance] book and if you've seen the film I'm sure you'll love the book even more ! Hope you'd try it :]
Me too I love Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet! Not his usual suspense type of writing, but U're stick to the book until the end because U can't help but wanting to know what happen to Jack and Aliena!



So maybe U'll like:

- Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen

- Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena

- The Wild Rose Series by Ruth Axtell Morren

- Dance With Deception by Tracy Goodwin

- Warriors in the Mist by Susan D. Kalior

- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

- Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis De Bernieres

- The Bad Mother's Handbook by Kate Long

- Case Histories by Kate Atkinson

- The Laurel Oaks Trilogy by Rebecca Lorraine Walker

- Katherine by Anya Seton and Philippa Gregory

- Mistress of the Revolution by Catherine Delors

- Deafening by Frances Itani

- The Music Teacher by JaLeen Bultman-Deardurff

- The Bad Mother's Handbook by Kate Long

- Courting Trouble by Deeanne Gist

- True Colors by Erin Rainwater

- Fire at Midnight by Lisa Marie Wilkinson

- Here Comes The Bride by Laura Drewry

- Catching Katie (HeartQuest) by Robin Lee Hatcher

- The Sisters of the Lone Star Series by Joan Johnston

- Laird of the Mist by Paula Quinn

- The Angel %26amp; the Outlaw by Madeline Baker

- Song of the White Swan by Aleta T. Boudreaux

- Toward the Horizon by Jeanne MacGregor Lahn

- His Lady Mistress by Elizabeth Rolls

- Every Night I'm Yours by Christie Kelley

- Known to All by Gloria Gay

- The Pastor's Assignment by Kim O'Brien

- Two Pigs and a Chicken by Courtney Seligman

- Undressed by Kristina Cook

- An Arranged Marriage by Jo Beverley



Most of them all are romance, and historical fiction! Hope it helped U have some good nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment