Saturday, February 18, 2012

How many books have you read so far this year?

My New Years Resolution was not to buy anymore books till I had read 150 of the 700 plus books on my bookcases. So far I have managed to read 37 since the 1st Jan





Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll


Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe


Monk’s Hood by Ellis Peters


Head over heels in the Dales by Gervase Phinn


The Potter’s Field by Ellis Peters


Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe


The Grey Man by Andy McNabb


The Underbury Witches by John Connolly


Maggie’s Story by Sheila O’Flannagan


The Book Boy by Joanna Trollope


The Girl with the Dragon by Stieg Larson


The Builders by Maeve Binchy


The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Cox


Girl on the Platform by Josephine Cox


The Devil’s Novice by Ellis Peters


One Good Turn by Chris Ryan


Dream Come True by Maureen Lee


A Rare Benedictine by Ellis Peters


Secrets by Lynne Barrett Lee


The Raven in The Foregate by Ellis Peters


Through the Looking glass by Lewis Carroll


The Tannery by Sherrie Sewson


Red Dragon by Thomas Harris


Talking Heads 2 by Alan Bennett


Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding


Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy


Dime Store Magic by Kelly Armstrong


The Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland


Watership Down by Richard Adams


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin


The Da Vinci Code By Dan Brown


Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D H Lawrence


The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas by John Boyne


Heavenly Date and other Flirtations by Alexander McCall Smith


The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett|||I have read 27 books so far this year:





Strangers in the Night by Linda Howard


Born in Ice by Nora Roberts


To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning


Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden


Dark Secret by Christine Feehan


Hot Blooded by Christine Feehan


The Magic Knot by Helen Scott Taylor


Dark Melody by Christine Feehan


Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb


The Only One by Christine Feehan


Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford


Glory in Death by J.D. Robb


Dark Symphony by Christine Feehan


Atlantis Rising by Alyssa Day


Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur


Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank


Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton


Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts


Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts


Dark Guardian by Christine Feehan


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning


Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts


Playing with Fire by Katie MacAlister


Born in Fire by Nora Roberts


Dark Dreamers by Christine Feehan|||Only one. I don't like to rush through them because I like to really think about what's going on, otherwise I miss too much or don't notice certain aspects of the story. I finished rereading the Dark Tower yesterday. I'm gonna start Under the Dome today. I really like Stephen King|||I've only read 22 so far. My theatre stuff has been keeping me way, way too busy. I do have the flu again, though, so that gives me loads of time to read. (I'm trying to read 250 books this year, breaking a previous record of 249.)|||We kinda have to cuz we have book reports and things like that for school.


So I really don't count, but probably like, at least 2 or 3. Maybe 4. All more than 200 pages. So give me credit, I'm only in middle school.|||6 books from a series called the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver


and the Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick and almost finished the scarlet lion by her too but its getting boring but I want to finish it.|||Only 1. I'm in college, so i've got loads of studying/ homework to do.


I can't find any i like in the library and can't afford to buy new ones.|||Only four so far.





I have a similar goal, except I'm not trying to read a certain number. I have way too many books on my shelf, so I'm planning to read through them then sell them when I'm done.|||Um, I think I have read like 2 this year: The Blair Witch Files#4 by: Cade Merril. Secret, Silent Screams By: Joan Lowery Nixon. :)|||Well done on your reading so far, lots of classics in there which I never seem to have found the time to read. I've probably read about 10 this year (novels wise) but all rather trashy crime thrillers!|||Sadly as this may sound I have only read five. I love reading and i'm always buying books without finishing the other ones first.|||I read too much that I can't keep up with it.


I read about 10 books or more a week, and that's estimating.


Plus, I'm only fifteen (:





Lol.|||I read about 13 books. Last year I read 56.|||Sadly only 2 :S, but I'm studying so it's hard to find time to.|||Two. About three chapters away from finishing a third. Been too busy though.|||13 books :)|||7|||only 3.


but i did just read a book in 3 days and it was 400 pages long, thats really good for me|||Oh Dear! I haven't read any as of yet





any suggestions|||5...and planning to read more =]|||so far......3........|||i have read a few|||I believe just two.


One for the Money,


Two for the Dough,


both by Janet Evanovich





I rarely read books while in the middle of writing a book.


I can probably read Janet Evanovich's series since it's so different from what I'm writing, and it's comic relief for me.





And that's quite a list you've got there


=)|||so far this year ive read-


me talk pretty one day by david sedaris


galapagos by kurt vonnegut


law of the fist by o.e. simon


tropic of cancer by henry miller


tropic of capricorn by henry miller


crazy cock by henry miller


women by charles bukowski


b is for beer by tom robbins


villa incognito by tom robbins


john dies at the end by david wong


the postman always rings twice by james m cain


atlas shrugged by ayn rand (which is 1300+ pages long)


and several books about iceland and vikings!


i am currently in school in iceland and learning to speak icelandic, so i read a lot!|||!!! So many books !!!





=( I've only read one and a half...





Obabakoak by Bernardo Atxaga... which translates to something like Stories of the Villagers (Obaba is a town) it's many small stories. I'm trying to get this book in English and plan on re-reading it. He does the translations himself =)





But at the moment I'm reading Assassaini-da [The Assassin] by Thomas Gifford


it's quite a good book, but haven't had much time to read it... I'm not sure if the writers sh!t in his use of Language... or I have a bad translation... but the book isn't captivating although there's a good plot. I'm only on page 64

















You've read the Da Vinci Code, then look for a book called THE JUDAS STRAIN =] Very similar, it by James Rollins, great story. I plan on buying some other books by him soon|||Goodness me that's a lot of books. So far I'm on my second and both are old ones of mine - re-reads. You certainly put me to shame. I remember having to read Far From The Madding Crowd at school and I couldn't get into it. That's before I became interested in books though mores the pity. If I'd read more back then I might have been a better student.|||wow, and i thought i had a lot of books, lol.





ive been re reading a lot of classics. i have a lot of downtime at work and i can go through a book a day sometimes.





im 23, and i recently found out that two series i started reading back in middle school are still going so i picked up the books from those two series that i hadnt read from the library...





all together i would say im somewhere around 30 adult level books, and like six or seven books meant for middle schoolers because i HAD to see what happened to alice and patrick|||You must read really fast! That's an awesome amount. I read 8 in January (** indicates rereads):





1. Journey to the Center of the Earth - Jules Verne


2. Street Love - Walter Dean Myers


3. Instamatic Karma: Photos of John Lennon - May Pang


4. **Harry Potter %26amp; the Prisoner of Azkaban - JK Rowling


5. Marked (House of Night) - PC and Kristen Cast


6. Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott


7. Cat in a Bag and Other Observations - Jeffrey Brown


8. Paint it Black - Janet Fitch (on CD)





I haven't had as much time this month so I have 4 that I started. I still have to finish all of these:


1. Amy and Jordan - Mark Beyers


2. Book of Joe - Joe Coleman


3. **Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling


4. **One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Ken Kesey





Several of these I got a the library, but I want to make a point to read what's on my shelf too. Plus I want to reread a lot of classics like To Kill a Mockingbird and such.|||Just 2 and a half so far ( Second half of New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn). I to started reading The Twilight Saga in 2009. I dont read very often, so its a great start. =]





Next on my list is The Host by Stephanie Meyer.





I am sure once my boyfriend goes into the army, that will give me more time to read, plus reading will be a distraction from worrying about him too much.





A few more I would like to read or reread:





The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.


Holes by Louis Sachar.


Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling.


The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.


The Outsiders by SE Hinton.


The Dark-Hunter Collection by Sherrilyn Kenyon.


Dracula by Bram Stroker.


The Shining by Stephen King.


Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll





Edit to thumbs down: Haha very funny, thumbs down due to the mention of The Twilight Saga. Come on people grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment