Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Anyone have suggests on a romance novel I should read next?

I really like romance novels. Not the trashy erotic smut you find in the romance section of BN (though, I do admit I indulge myself in some of those every now and then), but actual novels with a greater story to it.



I love Gone With The Wind, and Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Right now I'm about to finish up Pillars of the Earth. I love stories that revolve around romance, but have other elements in it as well.



So any suggestions would be great! I don't care about the reading level, I'm open to anything!Anyone have suggests on a romance novel I should read next?
The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough (I like to call it the Australian version of Gone with the Wind)



Edit: there is a mini-serial of it too ... the sort of thing you invite your girlfriends over and watch while eating ice cream ha ha. I wish I could get a copy so I can do just that!Anyone have suggests on a romance novel I should read next?
Wizard's First Rule is the greatest love story I have ever read, but it is a fantasy. Albeit, a well written fantasy that feels like you are reading a great novel rather than a hard-to-read/comprehend poetic epic, like many fantasy books are.



The story has many amazing aspects to it, but I found myself most engrossed by the heart-aching love story.\



P.S. This isn't a love story that involves much courting, but it does have flirting, and it definitely has scenes that will make you hot and bothered. In a tasteful way, though, of course.Anyone have suggests on a romance novel I should read next?
I'm always pushing Jane Austen's novels : Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense %26amp; Sensibility etc. The language is a bit archaic of course, but not like reading Shakespeare. Georgette Heyer's work is a more modern version.
Since you have read Pillars of the Earth, read its sequel World Without End



The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Neffenigger

Song of the Sound by Adam Armstrong

Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen

No comments:

Post a Comment