Saturday, February 18, 2012

If your up to the challenge. Can you recommend a good book for me? I read a lot.?

I didn't list all the books i've read just to show off, plus i'm sure people have read a lot more than I have.



I love Fantasy/Sci-Fi books and good ones are hard to find. I just want to have a book recommended to me that I havn't already read. So, if you have read a good fantasy book recently, please put it down.



As you can tell I read teen, young adult, adult, whatever. I tend to like books more if they have a touch of romance and kick *** type of main character.



These are the fantasy type books that I have read.

Teen/Young Adult:

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

House of Night by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix

Seventh Tower Series by Garth Nix

Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Beka Cooper by Tamora Pierce

Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce

Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce

Blue Bloods Series by Melissa De La Cruz

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare

The Immortals by Alyson Noel

Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke

Wake by Lisa McMann

Night World by L. J. Smith

Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith

The Naming by Alison Croggon

Pendragon by D.J. MacHale

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith



Adult:

Sookie Stackhouse/ Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris

The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice by Deborah Chester

Cassandra Palmer Series by Karen Chance

Dorina Basarab Series by Karen Chance

Rachel Morgan Series by Kim Harrison

Sign of Seven Series by Nora Roberts

Three Sisters Island Trilogy by Nora Roberts

Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts

Dark Swan Series by Richelle Mead

Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Kate Daniels Series by IIona Andrews

Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown



Thanks for your help. Any suggestions will be wonderful.If your up to the challenge. Can you recommend a good book for me? I read a lot.?
Ah... I totally love Nora Roberts books and the Tamora Pierce series too... The Lord of the Rings was also awesome...

I recommend (all will be found in adult section, just so ya know where to find them):

The Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts

The Donavon Legacy by Nora Roberts

The Medieval series by Elizabeth Lowell

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

The Shannara series by Terry Brooks



It also seems to me that you like Paranormal romance so here are some authors I recommend for that:

Christine Feehan

Susan Krinard

Jeaniene Frost

Jayne Castle

Patricia Briggs
The Bartimaeus Trilogy, by Jonathan Stroud.

Digital Fortress, by Dan Brown.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, by Douglas Adams.

The Discworld series, by Terry Pratchett. (Satirical but still a good fantasy.)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordan.If your up to the challenge. Can you recommend a good book for me? I read a lot.?
We read along the same line of books so, i've read most of these series so hopefully you like something I name -

A Great and Terrible Beauty Series by Libba Bray

Evernight series by Claudia Gray

Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Wolf Tower by Tanith Lee

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Need by Carrie Jones

Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund



I know many more but it would be too long so I just mentioned ones I really recommend. If youd like more suggestions I suggest looking at Story Siren book blog, she reads the kind of books you like or add me.
If you like science fiction then I highly recommend Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Xenocide, Speaker for the Dead, and other books in the Ender's Series all by Orson Scott Card.



Ender's Game was amazing science fiction, full of action, and a fairly easy read...but it also touched me and you could really relate to Ender.If your up to the challenge. Can you recommend a good book for me? I read a lot.?
Gone with the Wind

The time travelers wife

My sisters keeper

Handle with care

Tuesdays with Morrie

The book Thief

Water for elephants

The book of negroes

The gargoyle

A lesson before dying

Rush home road

After ( I haven't read it yet, but it sounds very interesting!)
Okay, I just read the BEST series EVER!!! Its called the Percy Jackson %26amp; the Olympians series! Its Fantasy/Mythology. It may seem a little young in the first book(The Lightning Thief) because the main character is 12, but trust me, he gets older!

Jordie
  • disneymovieclub
  • chrome download
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment