Saturday, February 18, 2012

I'm smart but not school smart, help!?

I'M 14 in grade 9 and I am going into high school next year (grade 10), I have a tutor for math and he says that I am extremely bright, and that he doesent understand why my grades are not higher. My last report card I got 50% in math and science and 67% in social studies and 65% in language arts. I'm not stupid or anything my reading level is way higher then grade level ( I read pillars of the earth and world without end by Ken follett in about a week, if any of you are familiar) so what I am really asking, is there any way that I could get my grades up but make it fun because I all ways find my self extremely bored and embarrassed when ever the subject of school and my grades comes up, and please don't say anything stupid like "just do your homework"I'm smart but not school smart, help!?
I have a friend that has the same trouble as you. She is a bright girl but she has a hard time applying herself in school. She rarely does hw and on standardized tests she picks random answers. Her problem is that she is lazy. But you seem like a hard worker. Maybe you should get goals for yourself and when you reach them, reward yourself with something. Ex: Goal is to get a B or higher on a test, you do so you buy yourself a treat. Try getting more sleep also and drinking coffee or tea in class to help stay alert. For me the main reason I have trouble at times is because I am too tired. Hope this helps :)
you misused "then", it should be than

Report Abuse

I'm smart but not school smart, help!?
Know that school is for yourself and not anyone else. Stay organized throughout the year, and don't lose any of that steam towards the end of the year just because it's "almost vacation".
sounds like you might have test anxiety. When you do your tests are you really nervous? because test anxiety might actually make you do very poorly on your testsI'm smart but not school smart, help!?
some people r school smart and others r street smart but u should work a little harder and hopefully that will work
While you are sitting there reading your books think you are "smart", think about this.



The decisions you make in high school will be a very big factor on which college you go to, if you even go to college at all. Which college you go to, as well as your performance in it, is a big factor in what kind of jobs you will get after college. Did incredibly bad in high school = Probably not go to college or do well in it = Bad job, no noteworthy future.



School is not a measure of how smart you are, it is a measure if how much you want to work. You are either lazy or unmotivated. Whichever it is, you need to find a way to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment