Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Is this a good selection of books to start reading? Please tell me what I could add BASED ON THESE, thank you?

Well, I want to have my own little personal library of GOOD books. Like, classic, and really entertaining. So far I have:

-To Kill a Mocking Bird By Harper Lee

-The Secret Garden By Frances Hodgson Burnett

-Go Ask Alice

-Book Of A Thousand Days By Shannon Hale

-Flowers for Algernon By Daniel Keys

-How I Live Now By Meg Rosoff

-Someone Like You By Sarah Desson

-Jane Eyre By Charlotte Bronte

-The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho

-Pillars of the Earth By Ken Follet

-Phantom of The Opera By Gaston Leroux

-Grapes of Wrath By John Steinbeck

-The Da Vinci Code By Dan Brown

-Sense and Sensibility By Jane Austin

-The Outsiders By S.E. Hinton



What else could I add? Thanks!Is this a good selection of books to start reading? Please tell me what I could add BASED ON THESE, thank you?
On NO ACCOUNT trouble yourself with garbage like Dan Brown.



Otherwise; not a bad list. Hundreds of other tiles could be added - but it's best if you discover them for yourself.
Here are a few I have really enjoyed,



Animal farm - George Orwell

1984- George Orwell

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

Lord of the Flies - William Golding

The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Good Night, Mr Tom - Michelle Magorian



Hope they were useful :)Is this a good selection of books to start reading? Please tell me what I could add BASED ON THESE, thank you?
that's an awesome list! here are some other great ones:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
I'd second leaving Brown off the list and personally, I don't think much of Jane Eyre but the rest of them are decent choices.Is this a good selection of books to start reading? Please tell me what I could add BASED ON THESE, thank you?
Also wuthering heights. Best book ever
Hmmm... a few ideas.



BRAVE NEW WORLD

IT CAN'T HAPPEN HERE

THE SEA WOLF

HEART OF DARKNESS

TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT

STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND
to b honest ive only read three of d buks on ur list....

umm fr suggestions i thnk u shud try khalid hosseini

buks namely 'a thousand splendid suns' or 'the kite runner'

both very excellent and both dt will leave you a kind of

daziness making u feel lyk ur still back in afghanistan....

his style of writing is very captivating....

if ur luking fr light reading u shud try cristopher pike or r.l. stine...

luking fr vampire fun dn i'd say twilight or the vampire diaries...

luking fr magic dn try harry potter...

supernatural stuff dn mayb i am number ofour...d muvi recently released...dere nuthng super duper

abt it...but its still a prety gud read...

thnk u!! i hope i helped!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment