Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Which of these books are the best?

Hi. Here is a my summer reading list for incoming 9th graders, I have to read one. I've omited books I've already read.

The Perks of Being a Wall Flower

Ender's Game

The Book Thief

The Secret Life of Bees

The Illiad

The House on Mango Street

Invictus: Nelson Mandela and the Game that made a Nation

The Power of One

Water for Elephants

What is the What

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Volume I: The Pox Party

Going Bovine

Foundation

Oryx and Crake

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Chose

My Sister's Keeper

Little Brother

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian

Artichoke's Heart

Two parties, one tux, and a very short film about the Grapes of Wrath

The Lords of Discipline

A Thousand Splendid Suns

The Joy Luck Club

Pillars of the Earth

Slaughterhouse Five

Boot Camp

The Nature of Jake

Copper Sun

Black and White

Dracula

A Prayer for Owen Meany



***Also take in consideration of how difficult it may be. Thanks in advanced, bye.Which of these books are the best?
I would definitely go with Ender's Game.
The 6th oneWhich of these books are the best?
I read some of these. Out of them, I would recommend either The House on Mango Street, Dracula, or the The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel. And, lucky, you got summer break already? We don't get school out till like July.
sorry haven't read any of those. heard from tons of people that My Sister's Keeper was really good though.Which of these books are the best?
I think you should read A Prayer for Owen Meany. Its lengthy so you need to devote time and concentration but its a good feel book and I think reading in the summer is perfect.It would be like a summer adventure.
The Thirteenth Tale, if it's the one with the twin sisters and books on the cover, is absolutely amazing. I chose it because of the twins and the names Adeline and Emmeline, and I absolutely love it! It's haunting, beautiful, and magnificently written.
My personal favorites of the ones I've read are "Slaughterhouse Five" (which is stunningly beautiful) and "Oryx and Crake" (a fantastic contemporary novel about the 'last true human' on earth).



Both are among my absolute favorites.
That's not a bad reading list. All my old reading lists sucked lol. Slaughterhouse Five is really, really interesting, written by sci-fi author Kurt Vonnegut. But, this one's not very sci-fi - he's just an amazing writer. It's not too long either, if you care about that.



I have The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but really haven't gotten into it yet. It's a thick book, but from what my friend tells me, it's action-packed. The beginning's been slow so far.



My Sister's Keeper will probably break your heart. And Dracula, of course, is a classic. It might not stand up against other horror books today, but it's still a good read if you like that sort of thing. That's all I know! Hope it helped!
The Book Thief

No comments:

Post a Comment