Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Summer reading recommendations?

hello! just wondering what are some of your favorites and must-reads off of this list!



Angela's Ashes, Frank McCourt

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, Dai Sijie

Bel Canto, Ann Patchett

The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

Daughter of Fortune, Isabel Allende

Emma, Jane Austen

The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand

Girl with a Pearl Earring, Tracy Chevalier

Grendel, John Gardner

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scaregrove Manor, Stephanie Barron

The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini

The Life of Pi, Yann Martel

The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett

The Road, Cormac McCarthy

Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut

Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder

Tara Road, Maeve Binchy

Timeline, Michael Crichton



thanks!Summer reading recommendations?
Life of Pi - It has a scene where a tiger fights a shark. What more could you want?
Dark Divine by Bree Despain

that's my favorite book ever! After reading this one quote found at the beginning of the book it has you hooked:

"Blood fills my mouth. Fire sears my veins. I choke back a howl. The silver knife slips--the choice is mine. I am death or life. I am salvation or destruction. Angel or demon. I am grace. I plunge in the knife. This is my sacrifice-- I am the monster."Summer reading recommendations?
Futuristic novels[intermidiate level]:

Uglies

Pretties

Specials

Extras

By: Scott Westerfeld

Aventurous fantasies[most challenging]:

Confessor

Wizard's first rule

Pillars of Creation

[There are more in the Sword of Truth series]

By: Terry Goodkind

Science Fiction [Basic]

City of Ember

People of Sparks

The Phrophecy of Yonwood

[I forgot the last one]
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy continues to be one of the few books that has made me laugh out loud. It's a fairly easy read, and Adams's wit is priceless. Also, I just finished The Book Thief....AMAZING!!!Summer reading recommendations?
Oh i loved Angelas Ashes!!!



read...

Snow flower and the Secret fan

The Good Earth

Torn thread

The upstairs room

The devil's arithmetic



Google these books they have won awards

i am sure you will love them

鈾?br>






I 鈾?Books





=D
Hitchhiker's Guide
Emma, ive read it like 5 times in the past couple years.
The Kite Runner is a MUST READ. period.
  • black ops zombie maps
  • spiderman the musical
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment