Saturday, February 18, 2012

Some book suggestions? thanks!?

I am a 14 year old girl, I like Historical Fiction, Historical Romance, most Fiction, books about Titanic and horses, and Mysteries. I read adult books w/ adult content. I read at a 12th grade reading level My mother lets me read whatever i want really. Here is what I've read....

Twilight

Harry Potter

Ink Heart Books

Gemma Doyle books

All of Philippa Gregory's books

All of Jodi Picoult's books

All of Ellen Hopkin's books

All of James Patterson's Alex Cross books (i have no interest in reading the others)

The Horse whisperer

Pillars of the Earth

The Lovely Bones, Lucky, and Almost Moon

Oliver, The Christmas Carol, Bleak House, and David Copperfield

OF Mice and men, and the grapes of Wrath

Little Women

Nicholas Sparks

Stephen King

and The shopaholic books.

I am working on starting the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

Please no pointless teen books, they are good on occasion but I would like something w/ substance. Thanks!Some book suggestions? thanks!?
Hi! It's nice to hear a younger generations interest in books! Well, lets see, I am more into sci-fi and purely fictional novels but a few I would suggest to a reader such as yourself would be:



The Far Side of Evil by Sylvia Louise Engdahl (this book is from the 70's and isn't the happiest plot but deals with an alien girl observer and how a planet manages to avoid nuclear holocaust..its sounds sci-fi-ish but its really not, its interesting because it is one authors take on how we on earth avoided nuclear war.)



Any of Joanne Harris' books....she is a wonderful author, Blackberry Wine is by far my favorite, she also wrote Chocolate which was made into a movie with Johnny Dep.



Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child write some amazing fictional novels, but most are scary, including Relic.



not sure if you find any of the religious issues interesting, but Dan Brown's books are always an adventure and some of his other books don't deal with religious topics.

none of these are probably what you are looking for, sorry, but they are some great books and authors, so if you are ever looking to branch out, they are what I recommend.
Hi have you tried reading books by Sara Donati? Her series is loosely based on a few of the characters from the movie Last of the Mohicans and is set on the American frontier. A very good series to read if you enjoy the Diana Gabaldon series as much as I do. Her first book is titled "Into The Wilderness" If you want more information on these books please check out the link below :)Some book suggestions? thanks!?
Number the Stars is the best book I have read! I am 12 and i am at a 12th grade reading level also! Although this book is more for about 8th graders its Historical Fiction and also the best book ever!
Try agatha christie books. They are mysteries and i am really enjoying the one i am reading now. I am 12 and am also at a high school reading and math level.Some book suggestions? thanks!?
A great book is a book called "My Sister's Keeper". It has every theme of a book in it and you won't put it down! This book is highly suggested(: Hope you enjoy!
Thomas Harris...

Red Dragon...Silence of the Lambs..Hannibal..and Hannibal Rising
JAY ANSON 666
Hey,



Not sure if you are into romance, but there are some historical Fiction books such as Victoria and the Rogue.. I thought it was great, but its been a while since reading it.. the Blue is For nightmare series is also another good series, i am not sure if you might think its pointless, but I hope this helps..If you like mystery, try the Pretty Little Liar series. I am sooooo addicted to them, its not funny. I was one the release waiting list for the last four books. I am also an avid reader, and maybe you might want to check out my website.. It is still in the begining stages, but I think that people might really enjoy it.. I am goign to focus on different books, and genres... I think that this will be a nice little pet project

Hope that this mgiht help...

No comments:

Post a Comment