Saturday, February 18, 2012

I love to read but need a good, long, book to end my summer reading. Any suggestion? ?

Loved Pillars of the Earth, A Thousand Splendid Suns,

now I need another fiction, rather hefty reading. I have read 30 books this summer (since my daughter's school let out) and I need one last

Hurrah!!!! Thanks for any suggestions.

I love to read but need a good, long, book to end my summer reading. Any suggestion? ?
Here are a few titles, with a broad range of subject matter:



Bel Canto ~ Ann Patchett

Empire Falls ~ Richard Russo

Feather Crowns ~ Bobbie Ann Mason

Lonesome Dove ~ Larry McMurtry

Sacajawea ~ Anna Lee Waldo

Freedomland ~ Richard Price

A Map of the World ~ Jane Hamilton

The Bonfire of the Vanities ~ Tom Wolfe

A Thousand Acres ~ Jane Smiley

Cold Mountain ~ Charles Frazier

The Time Traveler's Wife ~ Audrey Niffenegger

Main Street ~ Sinclair Lewis

Ship of Fools ~ Katherine Anne Porter



You should be able to find something there that you haven't read yet, and that interests you. They'll all be easy to find info and reviews on, online. Good luck and enjoy!


Chaz Brentley or the Einarin series by Juliet E McKenna. Excellent summer Reads. As are the Tudor series by Phillipa Gregory.



On my holiday I read Cold comfort farm by Stella Gibbons and Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh. They aren't long but it took me three days to finish both of them (very enjoyable reads!)I love to read but need a good, long, book to end my summer reading. Any suggestion? ?
someone like you by Sarah Dessen

or Guns, germs and steel
websters dictionaryI love to read but need a good, long, book to end my summer reading. Any suggestion? ?
The OED. (20 volumes, 21,730 pages) Kiddng.

If you like Follett, have you read "World Without End?
Ew, Team Edward!'s (plz get a new name) list is all full of Dan Brown and Young Adult fic.



Okay, well go read the first four (five is coming) books of the A Song Of Ice And Fire series.
an old classic! true 'Don Quixote'
East of Eden!

No comments:

Post a Comment