Thursday, January 26, 2012

Did anybody else find Pillars of the Earth annoying?

It's so predictable- the characters prosper, then they are caused to suffer by the "bad guys", over and over again, one chapter after another.

The only reason I've stuck with it so far is the descriptions of building and architecture- those parts are fascinating. I am very close to the end and don;t know if I'll finish it.



My goodness, I'm grumpy tonight- must be time to call it a day!





Just curious, since it seems to be such a popular book.

Glad I got from the library and didn't pay good money for it.Did anybody else find Pillars of the Earth annoying?
I haven't read it and probably never will, unless I'm in some dire strait. He's one of those authors whose popularity has always bewildered me. I think he's formulaic and mundane and I avoid him. Life's too short, in my opinion, and too full of actual good books.



I'm glad you didn't buy it too. I always hate looking forward to a book, getting it and being disappointed in it, even though I only buy them used.
  • catalytic converter
  • baby boy names 2011
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment