Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pillars of the earth (novel)?

In your opinion how was it? Pros and cons of the book .. . . Good plot line, characters etc. Please no spoilers i just bought the book and havent read it yet. .. :P thanks a lot!Pillars of the earth (novel)?
It was a little slow to get into at first. There are a lot of characters and it takes a while for you to piece together who are the protagonists and antagonists in the story, but once the groundwork is laid, you really get into the characters and eager for things to work out (or not work out) for them.



I also loved to see how the building of the cathedral affected all of the people in the novel - at times for the better and at times for the worst. I hope you enjoy.



P.S. My friend found World Without End at a yard sale in hardback for me and I cannot wait to catch up with her so I can read this "sequel" that also focuses on how the cathedral has shaped the community 100 years later.Pillars of the earth (novel)?
It was an excellent book and there is a sequel. It is very well researched. I highly recommend it particularly if you are interested in the Middle Ages. It describes the time period accurately as well as the fight over who will inherit the crown and the struggle between the government and the church.



However, I did not personally like the book because of the main male character. There are certain things I don't care to read about.



Without giving anything away, I can't tell you why I disliked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment