Monday, January 23, 2012

The Pillars Of The Earth - Ken Follett?

I am reading this book, and I have to say that I am only about a quarter of the way through it (it's about 1000 pages long), and it's already the best book I have ever read. Has anyone else read this book, and if you have what do you think about it? Thanks!The Pillars Of The Earth - Ken Follett?
The Pillars of the Earth is my favorite book. My english teacher recommended it to me about 8 years ago and I've read it and reread it multiple times. The story is so beautiful and heart-wrenching and I was very sad to see it end.

When you're done, be sure to pick up his sequel, "World Without End." It's good...not quite the masterpiece of Pillars, but definitely worth the read, and the character development is just as strong. The Pillars Of The Earth - Ken Follett?
I enjoyed The Pillars of the Earth, and I also found Follet's follow-up World without End, good but quite as engaging. Follet does a good job of creating a window into the Middle Ages.

Some other historical sagas I'd recommend are Great Maria by Cecilia Holland, Sarum by Eward Rutherford and Shogun by James Clavell.The Pillars Of The Earth - Ken Follett?
I think I've read it three times. I bought the book on tape for my parents when they went on a long road trip, and they loved it too. It's a great read, one I've recommended to many of my friends. I've yet to come across anyone who did NOT love it.



I've read several other Ken Follett books, and this is by far the best one. Unless you're interested in spy novels, I wouldn't bother with his others.
loved it! the sequel is good, too. read that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment