Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I get over a book after reading it?

I finished a book called Pillars of the Earth, it does not matter if you have heard of it, and I cannot stop thinking about it. It's distracting me from other activities and from me reading another book. Is there anything I can do to stop this obsession right now?How do I get over a book after reading it?
watch it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1453159/



its and ok series- i got quite into it, and not really a huge fan of cloaks and whatnot stuff.



anyway, i do this kind of thing allll the time. just re-read the book, if you like it so much. why not? its your head, your free time- who says you cant? find somethng else to dive into- either similar (so you can develop your interest in some aspect of POTE- eg the historical background, or eccleastical ferment), or utterly different.

because ive seen the tv series, but not read the book, id suggest reading something on the tudors, then backing it up with *that* tv series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758790/



honestly, ive never liked anythng historical before, but that is addictive! im about to get a book of henry viii's letters, as i was so interested in him... might even read one of the numeous hist-fic books on his wives etc- 'the other bolyn girl' girl is said to be excellent, and im def getting some starkey books.



you could read other follett books, including the POTE sequel- world without end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Follett



if you seriously want to expand you knowledge of the period, there are some amazing and peculear books- i love this one- (sounds boring, but is about the synthesis of elf magic and the saxon church. not kidding!)-

http://www.amazon.com/Popular-Religion-L…

and stakey's historical books are bitingly well written-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=s…



good luck. if all else fails- seriously- just re-read!





you could also
Read World Without End by the same author.

Or read another addictive book that keeps your mind off the last one. Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin is good and addictive.

Personally, when a book really sticks with me, I like mulling over the story and the people in my mind for a while after I finish reading. I use the time between books to work on other projects around the house and take long walks or hikes in the woods. Write some of your thoughts down in a reading journal. Write alternate endings or additional scenes for the book.How do I get over a book after reading it?
this happens to me a lot! for me the best cure for book obsession is talking about it with other people just as obsessed - find a friend or an online forum to talk about it - whatever it is you can't stop thinking about, you need to get it out and on the table and work it out in some way - then you'll be able to let it go once you've worked it out. what are you thinking about in relation to the book? just talk to someone about it and it'll eventually fade away.
I don't get obsessed over books now. I used to when I was younger. Even though it felt long, it really wasn't. It's just a phase that you'll soon be out of. I also remember having an obsession over a movie. But all of that was when I was younger and I think you're more prone to stuff like that.How do I get over a book after reading it?
Try reading another book in another genre. Clear you thinking process from one subject to another. If you obsess over the next book then you need to find another source of relaxation such as physical activity. That usually drains me.
I once had the same problem too, and I ended it by writing fan fiction and drawing the characters. After you get enough of one thing, you'll most likely get bored of it. If this doesnt work, try doing something that you loved and still like right now, it might makeyou forget about the book
well you could take a really hot girl to the movies ,that should do the trick ,works for me,..i just have to make sure that my girlfriend isn't following as she gets VERY paranoid and i have no idea why,lol...
Think about the other book's characters. If that's not helping, then it will go away eventually (experience) .
Music! Try going to a movie(:

Get into another book.

In time you should forget!
  • ski doo
  • gas mileage calculator
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment