Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is pillar of the earth by ken follet good to read for school summer reading?

i am now a junior. would it be appropriate and accepted bc ive heard there are sex scenes but still i hear its really good.





what other historical fiction books are good?

and also if you read the golden *** by apuleius, is it appropriate for school too?Is pillar of the earth by ken follet good to read for school summer reading?
Pillars of the Earth is an amazing book. I read it when it first cam out, and then bought it again years later. There is one rather graphic rape scene, but other than that, not a lot of sex scenes that I remember. It has great character development and gives a lot of insight into the politics of the time. I think the violence(like the rape) is much more disturbing than the sex scenes, but I think a high school junior should be mature enough to read it.Is pillar of the earth by ken follet good to read for school summer reading?
I read it when I was a Junior in High School and Loved it. I 've never really enjoyed reading but once I got into this book it grabbed my attention and I couldn't put it down. It is a long book 1000 + pages but it goes by quickly once you get into the story. I greatly recommend it and don't worry about the small sex scene your old enough and mature enough to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment