Monday, January 23, 2012

Is the book "Pillars of the Earth" any good?

This has been a favorite of mine since it first came out.

It has great characters, and I think you`ll become very connected to them.

Beside the characters and plot, I found the descriptions of how people lived at that time to be quite interesting; i.e. tapestries on the walls weren`t used just because they looked nice, but because they helped keep the castle warm.

Follet manages to tell a good story and also teaches a few interesting facts along the way.



Don`t be intimidated by the length of the book--once you start reading and getting hooked you`ll be glad the book is as long as it is. And if you enjoy the story half as much as I did, you`ll find yourself wanting it to not end.Is the book "Pillars of the Earth" any good?
Well my dad got it for me for Christmas after his friend reminded him about it. ( hes reading it too! ) I picked it up and I've been reading it lately, I'm only about 200 or so into it. The style of switching perspectives is pretty new to me but I have a fondness for it! The story so far seems pretty cohesive. But, watch out its over 1,000 pages!Is the book "Pillars of the Earth" any good?
It is absolutely wonderful. I was totally surprised because it's written by Ken Follett and he normally writes a different genre. The book is just great. Enjoy!Is the book "Pillars of the Earth" any good?
It's not my favorite book, but Medieval era books usually aren't. It has received a lot of critical acclaim, however. If you enjoy the Medieval time period, a lot of character development, details (especial about building) and a sometimes slower-paced novel, you may well enjoy this book by Ken Follett.



I will tell you that it really is an interesting epic that, more or less, absorbs you into the setting. I, personally, was more fascinated by the setting than the people; by how well Ken Follett makes you feel like you're standing right there, in that place in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment