Monday, January 30, 2012

Do people actually think that Jesus was a REAL PERSON?

I was talking to someone the other day who said that he TALKS WITH JESUS every day!!!





That he believes those old stories in the Bible, as if they were true!





Do a lot of people actually believe this stuff? I suddenly feel like the whole world is going mad!





They actually believe that a virgin had a baby, someone walked on water, changed water to wine, raised the dead, a giant flood destroyed the earth, pillars of fire and prophets and adam and eve and talking donkeys and a place of eternal bliss called Heaven and a place of eternal torment called Hell!?





Should I move to the UK, where most people have left Christianity and seem to be coming to their senses?





I've heard these stories in church all my life, but it never once occurred to me to think they were true! Those are old legends and moral stories passed down from oral traditions! Do a lot of people actually literally believe them?





You people can't be serious!!!!|||Sadly, some people still believe that Jesus existed.|||yeaa because he was|||Yup, I actually literally believe them. Well, I have my doubts about talking donkeys. And the flood. But the rest of it, sure.





And yes, a lot of people do believe it.|||Ignorance is bliss, and bliss (especially free bliss) is in short supply for most people. Really nothing surprising here.|||Absolutely. It is called Faith...|||Absolutely serious. Sorry that you have nothing to look forward to.|||I wonder not if Jesus was real but how can people believe things that sound so unrealistic and that contradict so badly!? ie God loves you so much / God won't rescue you from the eternal horror and pain of Hell if you don't believe "X"!!





Does this really makes sense to people?|||He was and and he is and soon you will see.|||What is hard to conceive of is how you people think that tens of thousands of people would've gone voluntarily to the lions or served as Roman candles for Nero's Garden orgies for someone who, alledgedly, didn't exist. That particular brand of ignorance is breath-taking.|||There are records that he actually existed. As for the other stuff I don't know.|||He was probably real, but anyone who says they "talk" to jesus is crazy. Fundamentalists always try and talk for god as if they know exactly what god would say, which is impossible no matter what you believe.|||yep a lot of people do and the uk is filling with muslims they believe in that jesus guy as well|||I feel sorry for you if you were raised in church, and still are not a believer. Someday, you will find out for sure, but then it will be too late. Jesus is alive and well and waiting for you to come to your senses.|||People believe what they wana believe if religion and having faith makes them a better person let them be.|||Yes I believe it with all my heart. Jesus was true man and true God, and yes a real person who lived and died.|||Of course Jesus is real I talk to him every day, too.





By the way, he pronounces it 'hay-seus' and he hates it when people always ask him what he would do.|||If you do not believe , what are you doing on here? That's silly-ness....


Jesus is a part of history , have you not studied for your self ..Well ....


Here is some history for you :


Many ancient secular writers mention "Jesus" and the movement he birthed, and the fact that they are antagonistic to christianity makes them reliable..


#1-Cornelius Tacitus-a.d. 55-120..roman historian


#2-Lucian of Samosata-a greek satirist of the latter half of the second century..Lucian spoke scornfully of "Christ" ...


#3-Suetonius - another roman historian ..


#4-Pliny the younger- governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor A.D.112...


#5-Thallus - one of the first secular writers who mentions "Christ " is Thallus , dated perhaps at A.D. 25


#6- Phlegon another secular authority , he wrote a history called 'Chronicles' some of his work was lost however fragments have been found and preserved by 'Julius Africanus'


#7- Mara Bar-serapion -he was a syrian and stoic


Enlighten your self dude! your question is an insult to intelligence......Go visit the library like the rest of us.....|||What planet have you been living on?


Of course we believe.





There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus was a real life human being and was born the son of God.


There is no doubt in my mind that he died on the Cross for us all.





I do not doubt God.


I do not doubt Jesus.|||He did exhist. He was a real person.





He wasn't the son of God. His mother was not a virgin. He didn't perform miracles. He was not ressurected. People talk to him, but he doesn't respond, because he's dead.





There are Christians in England, and all over the world.





Christians think the same about your beliefs as you do about theirs.|||I believe in it. People died for their statements of faith in Jesus- was that for nothing? I'm sorry you lost your faith- its something worth fighting for, even if we don't fully comprehend it.|||"He who BELIEVES in me shall have everlasting life." John 11:25.





I'm sure you'll be rethinking what you've said above in your final hours.|||Errrmmm...


Any historian WILL tell you that Jesus DID exist. He is an accurate historic figure, he did die on a cross... Whether or not you believe in his teachings or in his divinity, it's another matter, but historically, yeah he 's real. A roman historian even made a sketch of Jesus' face once for the Caesar to see. It's somewhere around the world. But as a jhistoric character, Jesus was pretty real.


And a word for the wise: maybe you think it's absurd and you have every right to hold on to that belief, but don't go around saying "You people can't be serious!", because what other people believe or don't believe is THEIR business and not yours, and you have NO RIGHT to mock or put people down because of this. I am a secular Muslim, but I strongly believe that in order to achieve peace, we need to have MUCH more respect for one another. And not go around pointing fingers at people and calling them names becuase they believe in something different from you.


And if your actual question was "should I move to the UK??", well, that's up to you, no one can make that decision for you. Warning... there are still churches, Mosques and synagogues in England....|||Yep, there are a lot of people who think all those stories are literally true -- and that the world was literally created in 6 days, and that the entire universe is only about 6,000 years old, in spite of the overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary.....





These people all seem to subscribe to the philosophy "My mind is made up -- don't confuse me with FACTS." :-((|||I believe those stories. I also have a personal relationship w/ Jesus Christ... If I didn't.. I honestly don't think I could have gone through some of the stuff I've been through.|||Physical Descriptions of Jesus





The letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar





This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus. Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.





TO TIBERIUS CAESAR:





"A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews -- not the poor but the rich and powerful."





If your interested, you can read the rest at source below.|||Jesus does exist, %26amp; he is the son of God,|||"Should I move to the UK, where most people have left Christianity and seem to be coming to their senses?"





Please do. Though, you may be disappointed to find yourself living in a Muslim society in a couple of decades. The European countries that have deserted their Christian roots are commiting national suicide by refusing to procreate. Indeed, if you don't believe in God, I don't really see why one would bother having children.|||I do have done for the past 12 years btw no matter what anyone else says I will never ever deny Him!


Especially as He has restored my sight and healed me of Cerebral Palsy


How can you say that Jesus doesn't exist?


Scripture references John chapter 9 and Luke chapter 13 vs 11 New Living Translation Bible.


Let me know if you can your opinion on this my friend!|||Jesus was a real living man - historical evidence.


However that does not mean that we should believe in the absolute truth of every story told about him. Christians have beliefs that give them rules, security and comfort and that's fine, but the rules and tenets of the Roman church and subsequently the protestant church are based on a conclave of bishops under emperor Constantine, centuries after the time of Jesus. In addition, the Christian bible is an edited collection of writings with many omissions and amendments. The greatest omission is the role women played in the development of the Christian church.|||Get real...and if he was he was just some hippy conjurer...water into wine?yeah good one..why didn't he turn the cross into a ladder...or why didn't God save him....just some balony to control the masses a long time ago...If you don't pay the church you'll go to hell....if that's the case,good,I'd hate to be in heaven with all the bible bashers....when God or Jesus appears in Times Square during rush hour and says'Look it's me...I do exist' then maybe I'll believe...but hey..each to their own...thanks in advance for the thumbs down...|||I believe that Jesus existed that he helped the lame to walk, and the blind to see. I believe he spoke for the poor the sick the underprivileged and the persecuted. Whats your problem with this Paramedics, Doctors and social workers do this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment