Friday, January 20, 2012

Pillars of the earth? a good read for someone who likes mostly thrillers?

i usually only read thrillers or horror stories with the occasional murder mysteries. i hear oprah raving about it but unsure whether or not it will hold my interest. would it bore someone who likes more fast paced books?Pillars of the earth? a good read for someone who likes mostly thrillers?
I loved this book, but it is more of an epic not a fast paced thriller.

If you need action and suspense, skip this one.Pillars of the earth? a good read for someone who likes mostly thrillers?
This is one boring book. I read this years and years ago and was struck mostly by its non-action. Though I like Follett, this was disappointing to me. The ending was anti-climactic, the narrative kind of dull, and there's little or no suspense of thrills. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone except those who are interested in English history or in the history os churches and how they're built.

No comments:

Post a Comment