Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is being made into a TV mini series, any fans of the book out there?

If you have read this book and found it fantastic are you a bit worried about it being turned into a mini series? The website is very vague, so who's going to play Tom and Jack? And when will we be able to see it in the UK?Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is being made into a TV mini series, any fans of the book out there?
I enjoyed the books greatly .

I'm never too excited when they make a movie or series about a book because it doesn't usually end ok. Now because in the book the descriptions of the characters isn't too detailed they might find some actors to hopefully create a good series.
I enjoyed the book and its sequel, but it's not a great work of literature, and the sequel is incredibly repetitive.



So, while I think the miniseries might be enjoyable, I'm really not "worried" about it. The book not being great in the first place, it can't be "ruined."



I'm sure that it will eventually show up in the U.K. Most American miniseries do.Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is being made into a TV mini series, any fans of the book out there?
I've been meaning to read the book. I really hope they make excellent casting choices because bad decisions in that area can mess up a whole production.
I enjoyed reading the book. Mini-series? Not sure about that. I tend to avoid seeing filmed versions of books I have read. Although I did go to see one of the Lord of the Rings films and thought, 'If I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have known what was going on.' My (adult) daughter agreed with me.Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett is being made into a TV mini series, any fans of the book out there?
The book is ok and really a page-turner. Let's hope that even the TV series is worth seeing it. I've always many doubts regarding movies originating from books.

Bye from Italy
  • p411
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment