Saturday, January 14, 2012

What are your thoughts on "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett?

I'm almost 1/2 way through it and dont find it nearly as good as people are saying. I find the writing very basic and unchallenging.

I would say it is a good story but not a very good piece of literature.What are your thoughts on "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett?
I thought it was a good read. The only thing that I could have done without is all of the description of the building of the cathedral. I found that part boring, but the writing about the characters and the interactions was great. I have just find the sequel, "World without End", and I found that to be a good read also. I guess it depends on what you like.What are your thoughts on "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett?
I read "The Pillars of the Earth" and truly enjoyed the story. I think why I liked it was due to the character development. I like epics where when I am done with the book I feel I know the characters as if they were my family. This was such a book.

I was a fan of Ken Follett, having read most of his more typical work and as I have said on here before, this is not his typical work.

No comments:

Post a Comment